So here’s another timeline for what MIGHT have happened to Caylee.
6/15 – Casey and parents not getting along- Father’s Day wkd- Casey feeling extra familial pressure, fights w/mom and decides to punish her by taking Caylee and staying elsewhere.
6/16– around 1pm Caylee is last seen by Gpa leaving w/Casey- both have backpacks and Casey says –going to wk, we’ll be home very late if at all. (Gpa leaves for work.)
· Casey comes back over when parents are at work (sometime after 2:30pm) retrieves Xanax from stash (does anyone in home have prescription?)
· Casey drugs the child as she’s done before but this time gives her too much and Caylee throws up/has seizures/get violently ill?
· 3pm -Casey panics and makes flurry of phone calls trying to call mom and dad at various numbers each 6 times along w/2 calls to unknown?
· Can’t get in touch with anyone, doesn’t get proper help and Caylee stops breathing.
· I think she wrapped Caylee up in trash bags and thought up several escapes…maybe she put the ladder back up – thinking I’ll put her in the water and say that’s what happened- but did she throw up all of the drugs? Bad idea…maybe she took her outside (dogs hitting) briefly before deciding against bkyd burial and puts her in the trunk.
· 6pm another flurry of calls to the same people- she’s in full on freak out but maybe tries again here to do the right thing in her mind (obviously the right thing would have been 911).
She completely rationalizes it -oops accident- they really should have answered my calls! This allows her to compartmentalize and not blame herself- she just needs to get rid of the problem. She begins to spin elaborate story to explain Caylee’s disappearance. Casey will want to put as much time as possible between now and discovery of crime. Her parents can be kept at bay by aggravation/I need my independence story- they are used to her using this child as a pawn.
6/17– Lots of revision here bc they found the real Zenaida and interviewed her here http://www.local6.com/video/17124345/index.html
I still think that she created the identity of Zanny the nanny -a recurring character that Casey invented when she drugged the child -giving her Xanax and saying she’s with Zanny the nanny so she could go out and party (leaving child in the trunk?). People often give their drug of choice a “name” so they can talk about it safely- I’ve been told now that Zanny IS the street name for Xanax in Orlando (probably elsewhere too).
So how did she get poor ZG wrapped up in this? Maybe Casey was there that day (ZG says others were there) and saw her info.
Casey had from 6/16 to 7/15 to spin her elaborate tales.
If she had been telling her mom fairly frequently (to punish her)- No I won’t leave Caylee w/you- she’s fine I’m taking her to Zanny the nanny…maybe she thought- OK, that’s what I’ll say happened. They know about Zanny the nanny, so I will just create an actual name and a backstory and say that’s who took her. Maybe Casey’s MO was to get access to empty apts – a “child proof” place to leave sleeping child who’s been drugged.
If Casey had a habit of viewing an apt, leaving an open window and sneaking back in, then she was looking at a lot of apts – as was Zenaida. So maybe Casey saw her name on the sign in sheet and found her target. Or maybe she found her name on another apt sign in sheet- weren’t she and Amy looking for an apt? Maybe she created the identity of Zenaida Gonzales a long time ago – to placate Cindy bc I can’t imagine Gma wouldn’t have wanted details about who’s watching precious Caylee.
I’m not saying she’s a good liar – I’m just saying she’s a prolific (pathological) liar.
6/18– Casey goes home, backing into the driveway and borrows the neighbors shovel.
· She thinks again about burying the child (under the playhouse?) but digging is tough and/or she’s worried about parents coming home, or she just changes her mind.
· Another flurry of phone calls- we’re not sure if these were answered- was she trying to find the parent’s whereabouts and make sure they’re not coming home?
· Maybe she was trying to enlist a friend to help? Trying to figure out an alternative place for the body.
Was Plan B (or C or D) to dispose of Caylee where she wouldn’t be found- perhaps in the water and then leave her car somewhere w/purse in it and torch it? Hoping people would assume they both died and Casey could disappear with the money she’d been stealing?
Which leads us to the gas cans. If someone runs out of gas why would they take both gas cans? One is enough to get gas until you can get to a gas station.
6/22– The last date Gpa is sure he saw the gas cans in the shed.
6/24– Gpa calls the police and files report in the AM.
(Casey has been known to steal gas in the past).
· Casey comes home (not sure of the timing)- was she surprised to find her dad there?
· Gpa talks to Casey “Have you talked to your mom?” Casey says, “yes everyday,” Gpa further inquires… “but did you talk to her today?” She says yes- also says Caylee is with Zanny the nanny.
This visit is a bit confusing bc I’m not sure why she was there? Maybe to sneak the gas cans back? Torch plan averted? I think Casey had been “in hiding” prior to and even after this. (In the 911 call Cindy says- my daughter has been missing for a month- I found her but I can’t find my granddaughter.)
· Gpa asks Casey for her keys to get something out of her trunk- she goes out of her way to try to stop him- he goes ahead anyway and…he finds the gas cans.
· What about the decomposition smell then? Maybe the gas smell was covering it up at the time?
Gparents later get really angry when people keep bringing up the gas cans- saying that’s irrelevant- Casey had a broken gas gauge- she needed gas.
6/27– Casey abandons car at Amscot Check Cashing pkg lot- calls BF Tony to come and pick her up- tells him she called her parents and that her dad will take care of the car.
· She leaves her purse on the seat- hoping car would be stolen?
6/30– Amscot has Casey’s abandoned car towed.
7/3– Cindy despairs- writing on her myspace page of her frustration at not seeing Caylee- blaming daughter’s betrayal and jealousy. Here’s the post:
my caylee is missing
She came into my life unexspectedly, just as she has left me. This precious little angel from above gave me strength and unconditional love. Now she is gone and I don’t know why. All I am guilty of is loving her and providing her a safe home. Jealousy has taken her away. Jealousy from the one person that should be thankfull for all of the love and support given to her. A mother’s love is deep, however there are limits when one is betrayed by the one she loved and trusted the most. A daughter comes to her mother for support when she is pregnant, the mother says without hesitation it will be ok. And it was. But then the lies and betrayal began. First it seemed harmless, ah, love is blind. A mother will look for the good in her child and give them a chance to change. This mother gave chance after chance for her daughter to change, but instead more lies more betrayal. What does the mother get for giving her daughter all of these chances? A broken heart. The daughter who stole money, lots of money, leaves without warning and does not let her mother now speak to the baby that her mother raised, fed, clothed, sheltered, paid her medical bills, etc. Instead tells her friends that her mother is controlling her life and she needs her space. No money, no future. Where did she go? Who is now watching out for the little angel?
So clearly she is very worried. I think Casey may have been talking to her but still stalling, saying- let me have my independence.
7/11 or 7/14– Parents receive notice that car had been impounded.
7/15– Casey picks Amy up from the airport, Amy discovers the theft (Casey stole checks –about $700) and drops Casey off at Tony’s.
· Parents pick the car up- find phone number for Amy- Cindy calls her asking where is Casey?
· Finally she crosses someone who doesn’t let her get away w/it – Amy tells her mom about stolen money and where to locate Casey.
· Cindy has been kept away from Caylee for a month and she’s had enough- she picks up Casey at Tony’s and takes her to a police station trying to find Caylee.
· Cindy wants to charge her w/theft of cash and car- calls 911.
http://www.wftv.com/video/16989413/index.html –first call
-Casey still tries to delay- telling her mom- she’s w/the sitter I’ll take you to her in the morning. Casey and Cindy can be overheard during the call transfer – Casey says- give me one more day- Cindy says no- I’ve given you a month.
Casey finally breaks down to her brother and says- Caylee’s been taken- I haven’t seen her in a month. The 911 call once Cindy has learned -this is heartbreaking!
http://www.wftv.com/video/16980866/index.html –third (frantic call)
Cindy is distraught- operater asks for Caley and she is soo calm. She takes a deep breath and tries to keep spinning and stick to her story. Cops are there questioning Casey and other until the wee morning hours.
· At some point Gpa takes them aside and says I think Casey’s hiding something and I’m worried about Caylee.
6/16– Police take her to Universal- where she (falsely) claimed to be working for the past 2 years. She leads them around –walking purposefully towards her supposed office, they said- until finally stopping and admitting she doesn’t work there. Whoa!
–Casey is arrested. I think police have filed just enough charges to keep her off the streets and hope she will crack.
Gma doesn’t visit Casey -saying I don’t want to jeaopardize Caylee’s safety bc the calls are released to the public. Maybe Casey told her attorney not to let family come for visit bc things they say could be “dangerous” – bc its getting harder to lie to parents.
You can hear in Cindy’s reassurances- Casey has made her a promise and she NEEDS to believe its true. She keeps saying -I believe Caylee is still alive bc there’s no way Casey would put us through this.
I’m sorry but I think she would, and that she is putting everyone through this charade.
8/5– Search warrant filed for George and Cindy Anthony’s house- link below.
8/8– She refused a visit from her brother this morning.
What does that mean? I hope it means she can’t face him and that she’s ready to crack. Maybe she’s just punishing them though. The family has seemed to really step up cooperation w/the police lately- the CSI has been in and out of their home quite a bit recently.
I wonder if the police have dropped some hints about what they know- I hope they know a great deal more than we do.
I really feel for the Gparents -I think the cold hard truth is starting to dawn on them. George snapped this afternoon and let some crazy out on the press scrum gathered in their front yard.
Here’s some really interesting reading:
Casey Anthony arrest affadavit: http://www.wftv.com/download/2008/0717/16907762.pdf
Casey Anthony search warrant: http://www.wftv.com/download/2008/0807/17124703.pdf
So that’s the way I see it. I certainly wish I could see it another way. I don’t see the drowning theory as the most plausible bc I’m not sure Casey would have even taken the time to get involved w/the pool- she was just sneaking back there- I don’t think she wanted her parents to know she’d been there. She had just left, telling her dad she was going to work.